Department Header for District Court
Yellowstone County, Montana
District Court
Orders of Protection Contact Department

Petitions for Temporary Orders of Protection will only be heard by District Court judges in cases involving parties to a pending (already filed with an assigned case number) dissolution, parenting or paternity proceeding, or involving an alleged victim in a pending felony criminal matter.


All other parties wishing to obtain an order of protection will need to contact Yellowstone County Justice Court or Billings Municipal Court regarding their criteria for such an order.


While the Clerk of District Court's office is pleased to assist you in any way possible, please understand that we are unable to provide legal advice. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney.