Yellowstone County, Montana
ECheck FAQ Contact Department

Q: Do I need any special hardware or software to use the E-Bill Express payment service?
A: No special hardware or software is required to use this service. You will only need Web access and your browser.

Q: Who do I contact if I am having problems with my E-Bill Express Account or Website?
A: Please contact Wells Fargo by email:

Q: Do I have to create an account to use E-Bill Express?
A: No account is needed. Enter theTax ID number and the zip code of the billing address and click the green "Pay Now" button, and it will bring up your statements to pay.

Q: Where can I find my account Tax ID number?
A: You can find your Tax ID number on your tax statement, or by using the county property tax search with your address.

Q: If an account is in a name other than my own, can I still pay my bill?
A: Yes, but please be sure to use the correct TaxID number and zip code as it appears on your paper tax statement.

Q: Will I still receive a paper copy of the bill through the U.S. mail?
A: Yes. Your tax statement will be mailed by the County Treasurer as usual.

Q: Can I store or view paid E-Bills?
A: You can view paid E-Bills by looking at "Search and Pay my Bills." E-Bills will be available for a period of time, typically six to twelve months. You can always use your browser's print function to print the bill if you want to keep long-term records.

Q: When is the money for the payment drawn from my bank account?
A: The funds for the payment are debited from your account on the scheduled payment date. Keep in mind that you should always have funds available to cover the payment on that date.

Q: How far in advance of the due date should I schedule my payments?
A: We suggest you schedule your payment for at least 3 business days before the actual payment due date.

Q: Can I make a payment greater than the amount due?
A: You can choose to either pay the half of your taxes currently due, or the full amount due for the year.

Q: Can I make an online payment if my taxes are delinquent?
A: No. If you haven't made a payment by the due date listed on your tax statement, you will need to call the County Treasurer's office at 406-256-2802 in order to pay your bill.

Q: The amount for an E-Bill seems incorrect. What should I do?
A: If you have questions about an E-Bill, please contact the County Treasurer at 406-256-2802.

Q: How can I confirm that a payment has been made?
A: After the payment date, check the status of the payment by looking in "Payment Status." If the status is "Paid," then the payment has been sent. You can also check to see if the funds have been drawn from your bank account, or you can call the County Treasurer at 406-256-2802 to see if they received and credited the payment.

Q: What do I do if the payment amount is incorrect?
A: If the payment amount is incorrect please contact the customer care department.